<sidebar>Main_Page</sidebar> Instructions for using the sound volume meter.
- If you’re measuring headphone volume, make sure the hockey puck is on tightly.
- Slide the range knob to 80.
- Make sure the weighing mode is A. If it is C, press “weighting” to make it A
- Make sure Response is set to Slow
- Press “Max” until Max is shown in the display window.
- Hold the meter tightly against the headphone and play “soundTest.wav” on the desktop.
- The meter should read 74 db +/- 2db. If it doesn’t, adjust the volume until the reading is right.
- Turn the meter off by sliding the knob to “OFF”